This article explains how to manage user access to Cloud copy.
For information on managing user access to the migration tool, see How can I manage access to ShareGate's migration tool?
Who has access to Cloud copy?
Once a global admin has consented the Azure ShareGate migration tool app, any global admin or SharePoint admin with Teams admin permissions can use Cloud copy.
Note: Permissions granted through Azure PIM might not work or could cause unauthorized errors during an operation.
How can I restrict access to Cloud copy?
You can restrict user access to Cloud copy through the Azure Portal with the steps below:
- Sign in to your Microsoft Azure portal as a global administrator.
- Navigate to the Enterprise applications service (either through the search bar or from the Azure services section).
- Use the search field to find ShareGate.
- In the list of your applications, select ShareGate migration tool 2.0. You will be brought to the Overview page.
- From the menu, under Manage, select Properties.
- Set Assignment required? to Yes.
- Click Save.
- From the menu, under Manage, click Users and groups.
- From the Users and groups page, add users to grant access or remove users to remove access.
Note: When you add users, they still need global admin or SharePoint admin with Teams admin permissions to use Cloud copy.