Scheduling allows you to set your reports to run automatically at times you set yourself so that you can access your full results when they are needed.
You can view or cancel all of your currently running scheduled tasks from Tasks.
Note: Custom reports need to be saved before you can schedule them.
- Click All reports.
- Run one of the reports supported by scheduling.
- Click the Schedule button.
- Set the Start date, Start time, and Recurrence (optional).
- Click Schedule.
You will be brought to the Scheduled screen where you will see the new task with all your other scheduled tasks.
For more information on how to edit or modify your scheduled tasks, see Manage your scheduled tasks.
- Permissions matrix report, Audit report, Orphaned user report, Clean Limited Access, and Activate Auditing cannot be modified once scheduled.
- The ShareGate migration tool needs to remain open in the system tray for scheduled tasks to run automatically.
- If one or more occurrences were missed due to the ShareGate migration tool being closed, when you restart it the last missed occurrence will run and the tasks will continue to run automatically as scheduled.
- A scheduled task will run as long as the ShareGate migration tool is open in the system tray, and will still run if your computer is locked, but not if you are logged off or in sleep mode.
- When using a virtual machine (VM), you need to have a persistent desktop (an image that persists between reboots) to ensure the scheduled task is saved.
- If you are using a remote server session, the scheduled task will run as long as the server is not asleep.
- You cannot set the results of a scheduled task to automatically export or be sent out as an email. This can be done manually once the task is finished running.