Clean the version history of your documents.
- Create a custom report.
- Select Document as your Object type.
- Add your desired results columns.
- Select your target(s) and run the report.
- When the Results page loads, select one or more documents.
- Click Clean version history in the quick actions menu on the right.
- Select if you want to:
- Delete all versions - Removes all versions except for the most recent major version and its last draft.
- Delete minor versions - Removes all minor versions, only preserving all major and current versions.
- Click Clean.
When the action is complete, you will see a Results summary with the status and any messages. You can select Tasks from the menu to view the task and the results whenever you need.
Note: With Clean version history, a request is sent to the SharePoint API to delete the selected versions. These versions are permanently deleted and will not be found in the Recycle Bin.