With your ShareGate subscription, you can have 1-, 5-, or 25- license activations for the migration tool.
To activate your license on a new machine or for another user, you must have a license activation left in your ShareGate subscription.
If all your activations are used, you can transfer an existing activation, or you can add activations to your subscription.
Note: If your machine is offline or the migration tool is unable to contact the license server, see Offline license activations to learn how to transfer an offline license.
How-to transfer a license activation
- Go to ShareGate Home.
- From the topbar, select your profile icon.
- Select Subscription from the drop-down menu.
- If you have more than 1 subscription, click next to the one you want to transfer.
- Select the Users tab.
- Click to remove the license activation you want to activate on a different machine or for another user.
- Install the migration tool in your new location.
- Launch the tool.
- Activate your license.
Note: If you wish to keep your tasks (including your migration reports) from the previous installation, you can copy the Sharegate folder (C:\Users\user.name\AppData\Local\Sharegate) to the same location in your new computer or user profile. Keep in mind that if you already have a Sharegate folder in the new location, you will lose all your existing tasks and connections in the migration tool if you replace it.