From this screen, you'll be able to have a complete report of a user's/group's permissions for any given target(s).
- You have site collection admin permissions on your targeted site collection(s).
- You are connected to your site collection(s), Microsoft 365 Admin center, or SharePoint central admin.
Note: Site collection admin permissions are required even if you have higher admin privileges like SharePoint admin or Global admin permissions. For more information click here.
- Select the item you would like to perform the action on from the Explorer.
- Click Check Permissions from the Quick Actions panel.
- Select the user or group you want to include in the report (see below for details).
- Check the options you want to apply to the copy.
- Click View.
- In the case that there are warnings or errors, they will be displayed with details in separate tabs near Results. See the Edit an object page for how to modify or transform results.
Select User or Group
To select the users or groups you want to check the permissions of, start typing the name of the user or group, and select them from the drop-down
Select the options to indicate the permissions you wish to verify for the selected user or group.
- Show Sites: In the results, all sites for which the selected user/group has permissions for will be shown.
- Show Lists: In the results, all lists for which the selected user/group has permissions for will be shown.
- Show Content: In the results, all documents and list items for which the selected user/group has permissions for will be shown.
- Show Custom Permissions only: Exclude any inherited permissions from the results.
- Show Explicit Permissions only: Show permissions granted directly to the specified user in the results.
- Show Limited Access: In the results, any "Limited Access" permissions the user/group has will be shown.
- Use local cache: By default, the ShareGate migration tool uses a local cache to avoid having to query SharePoint each time you perform a Find operation. If you want to force the ShareGate migration tool to refresh its cache when performing this Find operation, simply turn the Use local cache setting to Off.