When performing an operation, Sharegate displays the following error:
A file is missing either in your Sharegate or .NET Framework installation and prevents the application from running correctly: 'System.Web, Version=126.96.36.199, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a'
|Any error code ending with: -155|
This error occurs when Sharegate needs to load a type of file called an assembly in order to execute an operation and the assembly is not found. Sharegate is an application built on the Microsoft .NET Framework, so most of the time when this error occurs it is because the installed .NET Framework is either incomplete or corrupted, which results in a missing assembly file. A very common scenario for this to happen is when the Client Profile of the Microsoft .NET Framework is installed. Sharegate requires the full version in order to run, not only the client profile.
Another possible cause for this error would be if the installation of Sharegate itself is corrupted and an assembly file is missing in Sharegate's installation folder.
In order to resolve this error, you can repair or re-install Sharegate and the Microsoft .NET Framework by following this procedure:
- Download the Microsoft .NET Framework installer here.
- Run the .NET Framework installer. If you get a message saying that it is already installed, you can instead try to repair it with this tool.
- Retry the operation in Sharegate. If it still fails, continue to step 4.
- Uninstall Sharegate from your computer.
- Download the latest version of Sharegate here and install it.
- Retry the operation in Sharegate, it should now succeed. If you still get the error, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org