This is an example of copying SharePoint lists from one SharePoint site to another. You can apply this pattern to copy sites, lists, libraries, site columns, site content types, groups, managed metadata, and workflows.
- Click PowerShell on the lower left menu.
- If you prefer launching PowerShell from Windows, type Import-Module Sharegate after launching.
- Connect to your source SharePoint site (see Connect-Site).
$srcSite = Connect-Site -Url "http://myfarm1/sites/mysourcesite"
- Connect to your destination SharePoint site (see Connect-Site).
$dstSite = Connect-Site -Url "http://myfarm2/sites/mydestinationsite"
- Get the lists and libraries you would like to copy to the destination site (see Get-List).
$srcList = Get-List -Site $srcSite -name "Documents"
- Copy the lists and libraries to the destination site (see Copy-List)
$result = Copy-List -List $srcList -DestinationSite $dstSite
- You can print the result in the window or export the migration report to an Excel file (see Export-Report).
$resultResult : Operation completed successfully. SessionId : 140221-1 SiteObjectsCopied : 1 ItemsCopied : 189 Warnings : 0 Errors : 0 PS C:\> Export-Report $result -Path C:\MyReports\CopyListReports.xlsx Report exported with success to: C:\MyReports\CopyListReports.xlsx