Get a comprehensive list of all the events that happened in your environments.
- Your environment is a SharePoint 2010 or above on-premises farm (the audit report is not supported on Microsoft 365).
- You have site collection admin permissions on your targeted site collection(s).
- You are connected to your site collection(s) or SharePoint central admin.
- Auditing is activated on your farm.
Note: Site collection admin permissions are required even if you have higher admin privileges like Farm admin permissions. For more information click here.
Audit Report General Information
When you run an Audit report, the ShareGate migration tool creates a document library.
The ShareGate migration tool will create a document library in your site collection so that it can store the audit files generated by SharePoint.
After being analyzed by the ShareGate migration tool, the files are deleted and this library will be empty so it doesn't affect your environment.
Note: For SharePoint 2010 environments: the ShareGate migration tool will need to activate the built-in reporting feature of SharePoint so that it can generate audit files. This feature does not need to be activated in the other versions of SharePoint in order for the ShareGate migration tool to generate an audit report.
- Click Security.
- Click Run audit report under Security essentials.
- Select the target of the report.
- Click Next.
- Set your options (see below for details).
- Click Schedule or Run now.
Select the users, the time range, and the event you would like to audit.
Select All users or Specific users. If you select Specific users, begin typing the user's name, and select the appropriate user from the dropdown.
Select Last 7 days, Last 30 days, Last 6 months, or input a Custom range.
Events to audit
Select the events you wish to audit.